Menopause is a normal part of life that every woman will eventually have to face and it generally starts right around the time they reach 40 years of age. The culprit that causes a majority of the menopause symptoms that a woman experiences during this time is the changing levels of hormones in the body. Below you will find some of the most common signs and symptoms that are associated with menopause.
- Dryness of the vagina – It is common for a woman that is going through menopause to experience problems with vaginal dryness. During this time it is much easier for a woman to experience problems with bacterial and yeast infections. For some women, sexual intercourse can also become somewhat painful due to the excessive dryness of the vagina.
- Hot flashes – This is one of the most common symptoms of menopause and it can be extremely irritating to deal with. Hot flashes generally occur suddenly and without warning. When a woman is experiencing a hot flash it can cause redness of the upper body and face, and they often cause extreme sweating.
- Mood swings – As the change of menopause begins to draw near, there are a lot of women that experience dramatic changes in their mood that are very noticeable.
- Night sweats – It is not at all uncommon for a woman that is going through menopause to wake up during her sleep completely drenched in sweat. The night sweats can be so extreme that the clothes that are worn even become wet and have to be changed.
- A menstrual cycle that is irregular – During menopause a woman’s menstrual cycle can become completely unpredictable. She may experience heavy bleeding with some periods, and with others have very slight bleeding. It is also common for periods to be skipped altogether during the onset of menopause.
- Loss of concentration – As the hormone levels in the body begin to change, there are numerous women that experience problems with being able to concentrate. While not every woman that goes through menopause experiences this symptom, it is not uncommon for a woman’s concentration abilities to waiver prior to and during menopause.
- Weight gain – A lot of women begin to gain a few extra pounds while they are going through menopause. While some women will only gain just a couple more pounds than their normal weight, there are other women that begin having constant battles with excess weight.
There are also several other symptoms of menopause that are commonly experienced by menopausal women and they include hair loss, dizziness, memory loss, brittle fingernails, achey joints, breast tenderness, and headaches. It is important to note that not all women experience the very same signs and symptoms of menopause, as they can different greatly from one woman to the next.
To ensure good health is maintained, it is important to plan a healthy diet to provide the body with all the essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients needed for optimum health. It is also important to get plenty of rest each night and to engage in a regular amount of physical activities.