Drug Class and Mechanism:
Clonazepam’s an anti-angst drug from the benzodiazepine set, the same set that consists of diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), alprazolam (Xanax), flurazepam (Dalmane), etc. Clonazepam along with other benzodiazepines operate by improving the properties of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) within the brain. The GABA’s a neurotransmitter (i.e. a substance that the nerve cells utilize to correspond with one another) that inhibit brain activity. It’s believed that too much commotion inside the brain might lead to worry or further psychiatric disorders. This drug is also used to put off certain kinds of convulsions.
Tablets: 0.5 mg, 1mg, as well as 2 mg.
Disintegrating tablets: 0.125mg, 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg, as well as 2 mg.
Tablets must be stored at room temperatures, between 15° to 30°C (or 59 to 86°F).
Clonazepam is made use of for instant respite from symptoms of fretfulness. It’s made use of for particular types of convulsions, chiefly akinetic seizure, petit mal seizure, and myoclonus, in addition to Lennox-Gastaut disorder. Clonazepam can be made use of unaccompanied or in conjunction with other medication for such spasm disorders.
Clonazepam belongs to a cluster of medication identified as benzodiazepines. It influences chemicals within the brain which might become deranged and result in anxiety.
This drug is made use of for treating panic disorders and seizure disarrays.
Vital Information Regarding Clonazepam:
You must not take this medicine in case you have harsh liver ailment, of in case you are sensitive to clonazepam or any other benzodiazepines, for example chlordiazepoxide (Librium), alprazolam (Xanax), clorazepate (Tranxene), lorazepam (Ativan), diazepam (Valium), or oxazepam (Serax). This drug might cause damage to unborn babies, and might cause feeding or breathing troubles in newborn kids. But in case a pregnant woman has seizures at some stage in pregnancy, it could cause harm to both, the mother and the baby. Don’t begin or discontinue using Clonazepam for the duration of pregnancy if you have not taken medical advice for the same.
Depression treatments are getting improved day by day and if you happen to suffer from depression, there are treatments now that you can begin doing without delay.
You might have feelings regarding suicide while using Clonazepam. Your medical practitioner will have to check you regularly during visits. Don’t miss any planned appointments. Get in touch with your health care practitioner at once in case you face any new or aggravated symptoms for instance: temper or behavior alterations, anxiety, fright attacks, difficulty sleeping, or in case you sense impulsiveness, irritability, agitation, hostility, aggressiveness, restlessness, hyper activeness (psychological or bodily), further depressed, or have feelings regarding suicide or about harming yourself.
Ahead of you using Clonazepam, inform your health care provider in case you have any liver or kidney illness, glaucoma, breathing troubles, or any record of suicidal thoughts, depression, or dependence to alcohol or drugs.
Don’t consume alcohol while using Clonazepam. This prescription can raise the effect of alcohol. This drug might be habit-forming. Therefore must be made use of solely by the individual it was approved for. Store the prescription in a safe and sound area where no one else can reach it.
Prior to Using Clonazepam:
In order to be sure if you can securely use Clonazepam, inform your health care provider in case you have faced any of the below mentioned conditions:
- Kidney sickness;
- Liver sickness;
- Emphysema, bronchitis, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (copd), any other breathing troubles;
- A record of suicidal thoughts, depression or suicidal behavior; or
- An account of drug abuse or alcohol dependence.
Notify your health care provider in case you’re pregnant or are planning a pregnancy at some stage in treatment. Don’t initiate or discontinue taking Clonazepam at some point in pregnancy without taking advice from your medical practitioner. In case you’re pregnant, your name possibly will be recorded on the pregnancy registry. Such a thing is done to keep a track of the outcomes of your pregnancy as well as to assess any effect of Clonazepam that might crop up in the infant. Clonazepam might pass into a nursing mother’s breast milk and might cause harm to a nursing newborn. Don’t breast-feed your baby when you are using this prescription.
The tranquilizer effect of Clonazepam might last more in elder people. Inadvertent falls are frequent in elderly people who use benzodiazepines. Bring into play vigilance to steer clear of falling or inadvertent injury when you are using Clonazepam. Clonazepam might be pattern forming and must be made use of exclusively by the individual to who it is prescribed. Never offer Clonazepam to another person, in particular someone who has a record of drug misuse or dependence. Keep the prescription in a location where it is difficult to be misused.
Do the opposite, and you will be responsible for the clonazepam dependence that could result from it.
How to Take Clonazepam?
Your health care provider might occasionally alter your prescribed amount to be sure you obtain the greatest outcome.
Use Clonazepam precisely as it has been prescribed to you by your health care provider. Don’t take the medication in bigger or lesser amounts or even for longer periods than what has been recommended to you by your health care provider. Follow the instructions on your treatment label.
Gulp the standard Clonazepam pill whole, along with a glass full of water. This drug must be made use of only for a short period. Don’t take this medicine for more than nine weeks lacking your health care provider’s guidance.
To use the disintegrating tablets of Clonazepam (wafer):
- Place the pill in the blister package until you’re ready to use it. Undo the wrapping and unpeel the foil from tablet’s blister. Don’t push out a pill from the foil as you might break the pill.
- Use dry hands to take out the pill and put it inside your mouth. The pill will start to melt right away.
- Don’t gulp down the pill in one piece. Allow melting (of the pill) inside your mouth and don’t chew it.
- Swallow a number of times as the pill dissolves. In case preferred, you might drink water or juice to help consume the dissolving pill.
In order to be certain whether or not Clonazepam is serving your situation and not resulting in harmful effects, regular blood tests must be done on standard basis. Your liver function must also be regularly tested. Go and visit your health care provider on a regular basis.
Don’t discontinue using Clonazepam abruptly, even if you are feeling healthy, or you might have horrid withdrawal symptoms and seizures. Inquire your health care practitioner on how to steer clear of withdrawal symptoms once you discontinue using Clonazepam.
You might require making lesser and lesser use of this drug before you discontinue the medicine entirely. Your health care provider might also prescribe an added seizure medicine that you will have to begin when you stop using Clonazepam.
Keep a record of the quantity of medication made use of from every new bottle. This drug can be misused and you must be attentive in case someone is using the drug inappropriately or without recommendation.
Accumulate Clonazepam away from light, high temperature and dampness. Keep at room temperatures.
In Case You Forget A Dosage:
Use the dose that you have missed the instant you remember. Leave out the dose that you have missed in case it’s more or less time for the next planned prescribed amount. Don’t use extra drug to make up for the dose that you have missed.
In Case Of an Overdose:
Call a help line immediately or request immediate emergency health attention. An overdose can be lethal. Symptoms of Overdose might include fainting, severe drowsiness, perplexity, and muscle weakness.
What Are The Things To Avoid When Using Clonazepam?
Consuming alcohol might raise certain Clonazepam side effects. Clonazepam might impair your thoughts or responses. Be cautious if you’re driving or doing anything that calls for you to be attentive.
Clonazepam Side Effects for the User:
Drugs and treatments might lead to a number of side effects, but plenty of individuals have no side effects, or insignificant side effects. Validate with the physician if a handful of these GENERAL side effects endure or turn out to be troublesome while using Clonazepam:
- Dryness of mouth;
- Loss of synchronization;
- Greater than before saliva fabrication;
- Sore gums;
- Stuffy or runny;
- Runny nose.
It is recommended that you request medical attention without ado if any SEVERE Clonazepam side effect occurs when with Clonazepam:
Severe allergic reaction like:
- Obscurity breathing;
- Tautness in the torso;
- Puffiness of face, lips, mouth, or tongue;
- Distorted vision or further vision changes;
- Change in Behavior;
- Alteration in desire for food;
- Alteration in the quantity of urine formed or sore urination;
- Alteration in sexual functioning;
- Dark urination;
- Extreme hair development or loss;
- Chills, Fever, or sore throat;
- Uneven heartbeats;
- Recall loss or troubles;
- Muscle throbbing or weakness;
- Fresh or deteriorating psychological or temper changes (e.g., agitation, violence, anxiety, depression, hostility, behavior changes, irritability, tenseness);
- Fresh or deteriorating seizures;
- Excruciating menstrual periods;
- Severe drowsiness;
- Pale stools;
- Harsh or relentless weariness or weakness;
- Shortness in breath;
- Strange risk-taking actions, no dread of danger;
- Abnormal or unintentional eye movements;
- Shallow or sluggish breathing;
- Hammering heartbeats or flutter in chest;
- Garbled speech or further speech troubles;
- Suicidal feelings or actions;
- Strange bruising or hemorrhage;
- Yellowing in eyes and skin.
This isn’t the entire list of Clonazepam side effects which a person might be prone to. If you’ve got any queries about Clonazepam side effects, get in touch with your doctor or pharmacist. Call your healthcare provider for medical counseling regarding side effects of Clonazepam.
Drugs That Will Have an Effect On Clonazepam:
Cold or aversion medication, narcotic soreness medication, sleeping medication, muscle relaxants, and pills for despair or nervousness can stimulate drowsiness caused due to Clonazepam. Inform your health care provider in case you frequently take any such medication, or any extra seizure medication or benzodiazepines.
Inform your health care provider about all other medicines you use, especially:
- Propantheline (or Pro-Banthine);
- Any antibiotics such as quinupristin /dalfopristin (Synercid), clarithromycin (Biaxin), telithromycin (Ketek) or erythromycin (E.E.S., Ery-Tab, eryped, Erythrocin, Pediazole);
- Any antifungal medication such as itraconazole (Sporanox), fluconazole (Diflucan), voriconazole (Vfend) or ketoconazole (Nizoral);
- Any antidepressants such as doxepin (Sinequan), amitriptyline (Elavil or Vanatrip or Limbitrol), nortriptyline (or Pamelor), nefazodone, and others;
- Any barbiturate such as secobarbital (Seconal), butabarbital (Butisol), phenobarbital (Solfoton) or pentobarbital (Nembutal);
- Any MAO inhibitors such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), furazolidone (Furoxone), rasagiline (Azilect), phenelzine (Nardil), tranylcypromine (Parnate) or selegiline (Eldepryl or Emsam or Zelapar); or
- Medication to take care of psychiatric disorder, such as droperidol (Inapsine), chlorpromazine (Thorazine), haloperidol (Haldol), pimozide (Orap), mesoridazine (Serentil), thiothixene (Navane) or thioridazine (Mellaril).